Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Sugarloaf Mountain, August 19, 2008

Here are some photos from our hike to Sugarloaf Mountain. We didn't go all the way to the summit of the mountain because it was getting late and my dad was worried about making it back down the mountain before dark. We saw a rattlesnake on the trail as we were hiking back to our car... I wanted to say hi to it but my dad wouldn't let me off of my leash. Darn! My dad tossed some sticks at the snake and it slithered off into the brush. Here's a picture of me lying down next to a tree trunk. Can you see me? I'm hidden in the shadows.


This is a description of Sugarloaf Mountain from Trails.com... This challenging trip leads to the only subalpine summit in the San Bernardino Mountains outside the San Gorgonio Wilderness; from this mountain, inspiring vistas unfold. Hikers who are looking for solitude in subalpine surroundings but are tired of encountering the typical hordes of hikers in the San Gorgonio Wilderness will find that Sugarloaf Mountain is just what they have been searching for. (You can see Big Bear Lake from this vantage point.)


Now that I'm bigger I have no trouble climbing over the rocks and fallen trees.


Here I am taking a rest. Tomorrow my dad is taking me to a place called Fish Creek! My mom will post pictures of that hike when we get back.

4 comments:

  1. It was nice showing that Trooper had a great fun at Sugarloaf Mountain and hope you enjoy at fish creek.

    ===================================

    neha trehan
    look4ward

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi trooper! Now you have your own blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hiking in Canada last week and got charged by a grizzly!!

    It's described on my post G Is For Grizzly from last Wednesday ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Troopers now has his rattlesnake shots. Dad feels a lot better!

    ReplyDelete