Sunday, June 14, 2009

Santa Ana River - South Fork, June 9, 2009

Hi Everybuddy! Last week my dad and I went hiking along the Santa Ana River trail. Here I am looking very prim and proper. See how my paws are crossed? hehe!

Dad kept pestering me to look at the camera. "Ok dad... are you happy now?" Sheesh!

I love hiking along the Santa Ana River trail because it goes right along the river. (Which means lots of splashy time for me!)

Look at my wet paws! When I got home Mom said "but we just had him groomed a couple of days ago!!" Sorry mom but you can't expect me to go hiking and not get my feets wet!

Yoo Hoo! Can you see me? I'm hiding in the foliage in the center of the picture. You can biggify for a better view.

I hope everybuddy is having a nice weekend! Today I'm off to a rattlesnake aversion class with my dad.

XOXO Trooper

11 comments:

  1. WOWZA! We can't believe it! Our mommaz sister lives in Santa Ana, CA! Isn't this a small world! You really have some nice places to hike with youz mom and dad. We have lots of woods where we live at the very tip of Michigan. Sarah Palin can see Alaska from her house but we can see Canada from our sidewalk! So nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great hike, thanks for sharing, and you look very handsome all groomed up. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a pawesome hiking with your Dad!
    The slpashy thing sounds great to me!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Trooper...you look so good standing in the woods like that...you really are an outdoors type of man-dog. I am so happy that you have such a wonderful Dad to take you on these great adventures. And I am also glad that you have such a wonderful Mom to blog about it!
    your pal,
    Bruce:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trooper
    I couldn't find you in the foilage. Hee hee. I must say you sit so properly. Mom was wondering about rattle snakes. Do you see them on the trails?

    Norwood

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another wonderful adventure !
    You always been to such wonderful places for hiking trooper ! Way to go boy ! :)
    We love you (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun. Looks like a great hike. You look very handsome and we like the way you cross your paws. SNAKES??? What about the snakes? Do you see many of them? Snake aversion training? Mom thinks maybe we should find out more about that because there are snakes near our cabin. Haven't seen them but people say they are there.
    Good luck with the training.

    Ernie & Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trooper. Looks like you had a spiffing hike in the pretty River! I found you eventually in that photo but you wear your camoflague well. Did you manage to roll in anything sniffy as well as getting your paws wet? Rattle snake aversion? Crickey. Not sure I would need that and Mom would definately not - she has that built in!!

    Wiry wags n kissies, Eric xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. With yer paws crossed like that you looked jest like a soopermodel!! That wuz a very stylish pose. Have fun at yer snake class! I lerned to watch out fer snakes when I wuz a puppy and now I reely does run away frum anythang wut looks like a snake including elektric cords and water hoses!! Cause you never know!!

    Yer pal Dozer

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Troop
    Thanks for agreeing I'm unique! I happen to love your smile. Still have the pig pillow? Or are you now using the cat?
    Norwood

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow--what a fun trail, Trooper! Looks like a fabulous day!

    Wuv,
    Gus and Waldo

    ReplyDelete